Hey, everyone! I've decided to dedicate Sunday evenings to sharing some things I've fallen in love with over the week prior. This week seemed exceptionally beautiful and amazing.
CAN YOU SAY S N O W ?!
1. Neutral Layers
When it comes to having bright and colorful hair, I usually try to dress pretty neutral. Sometimes, I do choose to spice it up, but typically that's when I like to dress super 70s and retro! That brings me to..
I'm so obsessed! I just got these mid-rise flares from ASOS and gave been shakin' my thang around town all week!
I've been pairing them with vintage tees, crop tops, and am considering purchasing some canvas high-tops to really Brady-Bunch my closet.
3. The Diary of a Teenage Girl
So, I had seen nothing about this movie but was completely drawn in when I watched the trailer. Right off the bat, I fell in love with the classic 70s fashion and lens filters used, not to mention the illustrations that accompanied most all of the scenes.
Racy, but not exploitive, this movie really depicts a (very hyperbolized) flood of hormones and experiences in the life of a teenage girl, Minnie. Aesthetically breath-taking, and kind of hard to watch at times, it was moving and relatable. Definite must-see!
I'm sure you've seen posts galore of winter storm Jonas and it's affects on cities who don't usually get snow, but this was a life changing snow! We've both been in Texas most winters (except for touring), so we have only ever seen random bouts of snow, sticking for only a couple of hours before melting away.
The snow brought a calming, meditative wave with it, and I hope it sticks for a few more days!
5. Morning green smoothies!
The past couple of months, Collin and I have made several lifestyle changes, including becoming vegans. We've immersed ourselves in the lifestyle and planning our future around these beliefs, and it's been so uplifting and fun. One amazing part of it has been morning smoothie time!
Collin has a hard time eating in the mornings, but he has really taken to the simple combo of raw organic hemp protein powder, banana, and peanut butter. Personally, I enjoy the signature NS Smoothie from Nutrition Stripped! I recently joined the Nutrition Stripped Society, and have been inspired to try so many new recipes.
6. Making bread!
Who said you can't have a homemade gluten-free vegan bread that tastes awesome?! Not me!
I actually bunkered down during the snow and made two loaves of bread. One of them was a vegan version of Nutrition Stripped's Rye Flaxseed Loaf, and the other was my own recipe!
- 2¼ tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 c. warm nondairy milk
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 5 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 c. almond meal
- 1 c. millet flour
- ½ c. arrowroot powder
- ½ c. tapioca starch
- ¼ c. buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a medium bowl combine the warmed nondairy milk with the yeast and sugar. Allow to proof until frothy (approx.10 minutes).
- Add the water, oil, vinegar, and flax seeds into the yeast mix and whisk until well-combined. Allow to sit for another 2 minutes so the flax seeds expand.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Spoon the batter into a 8x4 (20x10 cm) loaf pan. Using the back of a spoon smooth out the top and gently press down to ensure there are no gaps in the batter. Allow to rise until the loaf rise just to the top of the pan (approx. 30 to 45 minutes) in a warm, non-drafty area of your kitchen. If it doubles before the allotted time, that's okay. Just proceed to baking it, no need to wait the total time.
- Preheat oven to 350*F (190*C).
- Place the loaf in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan briefly until you can remove it and transfer to a wire rack until it has completely cooled
7. Our new couch!
The best way to ride out the snow was definitely on MY NEW COUCH! I'm so obsessed with it.
I actually found it on an East Nashville FaceBook group, and was able to get it delivered from the previous owner. It was an antique, custom upholstered beauty that I thought was gold, but is actually gold/green! Soo dreamy.
Any blog series requests?! I'd love to start writing series posts regularly!