Air-Fryer Falafel & Tahini Dill Sauce
Howdy, everyone! Happy New Year & Merry Christmas? Heh. It’s been such a wild seven weeks since the birth of our little guy, and I’ve missed blogging. One of my intentions for 2018 is to make time for more defined posts.
Most everyone that tunes into our journey knows I love making Instagram stories and I share so much on that platform. That’s where I initially shared this recipe but I wanted to make it easier for you to reference while (hopefully) attempting to make it yourself!
I will say that this recipe uses my brand new love: the Air-Fryer. Collin bought me our Kaloric Air-Fryer from Home Depot for my birthday (it’s not on Amazon but you can find a similar one), and I’ve literally used it every single day since.
Air-Fryer Falafel & Tahini Dill Sauce| makes approx. 20 balls
Ingredients for the falafel balls:
- 2 12oz can of garbanzo beans (rinsed, drained, & patted dry)
- 1 bunch lacinto kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion (about 1/2 c)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt or salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- optional: tabasco sauce, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, etc.
Tahini Dill Sauce
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine all falafel ingredients until a thick paste forms. If the mixture is too dry and doughy (beans can be weird), add 1 tbsp water. Place in refrigerator for a minimum of one hour or the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Use your hands or a spoon to scoop roughly 2tbsp of the mixture. Use your hands to roll the dough into a tight ball, then place desired number of balls to cook in the air fryer.
- Heat air fryer to 400 degrees and bake until crispy (about 12 minutes, shaking in between)
- In the meantime, blend all ingredients for tahini sauce until creamy and smooth.
- Serve! I like serving with cucumber and turmeric rice.
*I will note that I have not tried cooking this recipe any other way, but I would recommend lightly browning the falafel balls on a skillet and then finishing them in the oven on 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
If you like this post, please Pin and share it! :)